What is a mushroom pocket, you ask? Delicious goodness for dinner.
I got the idea from this dessert recipe. I fully intend on making the actual recipe one day. However, mushrooms did the trick.
– Heat oven to 400
– Thaw pastry sheet as directed
– Saute 1/2 diced onion in EVOO.
– Add 1/2 medium sized bell pepper, diced
– Cook until tender
– Add 2 cloves of finely chopped garlic
– Spice with Oregano, Chili Powder, Salt, and Pepper
– Add 1/4 c. graded fontina cheese
– Cut pastry sheets into 6 even pieces
– Create an egg wash of 2 tbsp. water and 1 egg white
– Brush egg wash on edges of pastry
– Spoon mixture onto pastry, fold sides down
– Close pastry with forks and cut slits in the top
– Brush egg wash on the tops
– Cook for about 15 minutes, or until brown