We’ve almost made it through our first week cutting out sugar, fructose, and added/artificial sweeteners. I snapped a few pictures of some of the new recipes we tried and enjoyed. Ethan even liked the Carrot Soup.
1. Egg and Avocado Spread on Toast – A few times this week we had sugar-free bread (try whole wheat bread from Trader Joe’s or Ezekiel 4:9 Bread), goat cheese and avocado mash, with an egg on top.
3. Almond Butter Yogurt with Blackberries – You can either make your own almond butter or buy it sans sugar, but I added a tablespoon or so to about 1/3 cup plain yogurt and topped it with Blackberries (This week we were scaling back so we still enjoyed what fruit we had in our house.).
4. Salad with Tuna Melt – Greens topped with an assortment of veggies and nuts from the house. I warmed tuna up in the frying pan with s&p and melted a piece of cheese on top. It made the salad more fun and gave me variety in my diet. Instead of dressing, we’ve been using oil & vinegar.
5. Sausage-Lentil Hash with Rice & Greens – I made this recipe in the same way I made Chorizo with Greens a few weeks ago. Instead of chorizo, I used the spinach and fontina cheese sausage from Trader Joe’s, onion, peppers, lentils, and spices. Instead of roasted root veggies, I made rice and also threw in some greens when plating the dish.
6. Carrot Soup with Cheddar-Drop Biscuits – I made Bleubird Blog’s Carrot Soup and 100 Days of Real Food’s Whole-Wheat Cheddar Garlic Drop Biscuits.