Here’s my problem with reading lists:
I’m horribly unreliable.
I make a list with whole-hearted intentions, but then I discover they were actually half-hearted intentions because another book has struck my fancy and gets thrown into the mix. I end up with too many books to actually read.
For example, five days ago I made out a summer reading list based off of another list I made two months ago based off my Goodreads page and Pinterest board. Then yesterday, while talking with a friend, I decided to read yet another book she was telling me about. So here I am again, posting a summer reading list with whole-hearted intentions. Will I actually read all of these? I’ll let you know.
My Well-Intentioned List
- Out of the Silent Planet by C.S. Lewis
Bringing up Bebe by Pamela Druckerman Rules of Civility by Amor Towles
- A Woman After God’s Own Heart by Elizabeth George
- And the Mountains Echoed by Khaled Hosseini
- The Sacred Romance by John Eldredge
The Dinner by Herman Koch
- Joseph Anton: A Memoir by Salman Rushdie
Calling Me Home: a novel by Julie Kibler