Two weeks to go! During Week 6 I noticed I feel full more quickly. It doesn’t take as much food to make me feel satisfied. The past week has been pretty crazy. We ended up going out to eat two times, and both times my stomach hurt afterwards. I think hidden sugar was the culprit. The first time we went out, I got a Mexican omelette, and the salsa on top probably had some sugar in it. The second time, I got a salad and some soup, and neither had sugar, but the calamari/bread appetizer we had may have had some. Either way, I definitely didn’t feel good afterwards, which means I need to figure out how to eat out well. We don’t eat out that much anyways, so it’s not a huge deal.
This week I tried to up my produce intake. I still find it easier and more natural to grab carb-type snacks, and I wanted to challenge myself to work towards really getting into vegetable and protein-based snacks. I may or may not have been successful. The first part of the week was easy, but when we ran low on groceries and traveled (and we did both this week), it got harder to maintain. Upon request of a friend, I’m including my meals for the last week. This is what I actually ate and not my plan. I included a lot of the pictures of our meals above. My favorite was integrating the protein shake into daily life and also the zucchini pizza crust, which was so good I forgot to take a picture of the meal. We were also having family movie night, so I was much more interested in Honey, I Shrunk the Kids.
- Breakfast – 2 eggs with dill, arugula, and heirloom tomatoes
- Lunch – Green smoothie – spinach, avocado, mint, cucumber, peanut butter, a few raw cashews, cocoa powder, protein powder, cinnamon, coconut milk
- Dinner – Rosemary Focaccia with olives & feta; BLT with Cheese & whole oatmeal bread; Greenbeans sauteed with garlic; red wine for dessert
- Breakfast – shake – protein powder, cucumber, avocado, peanut butter, cocoa powder, spinach, chia seeds, coconut milk; coffee with whole milk
- Lunch – Triscuits with goat cheese; 2 eggs scrambled with arugula, tomato, zucchini, peppers, onion, dill, s&p
- Dinner – Broiled Salmon with garlic & lemon juice; roasted zucchini, peppers, tomatoes, squash over a bed of kale and mixed greens; 2 whole wheat dinosaur biscuits on side; Red wine for dessert
- Breakfast – Dinosaur biscuit & egg; black coffee
- Lunch – Hummus with carrots and rice crackers
- Dinner – Zucchini Pizza Crust with tomato sauce, cheese, bacon, basil, and green onion
- Popcorn! – We had family movie night and watched Honey, I Shrunk the Kids
- Breakfast – 2 eggs scrambled with coffee/whole milk
- Lunch – arugula, mixed greens, and kale with peppers, carrots, hummus, parmesan, sunflower seeds, and raw TJ’s Sauerkraut; olives, feta, and oil with rice crackers
- Dinner – Chicken breast, broccoli (sauteed) and grits (it was a time crisis – it takes almost an hour to make the rice we have).
- Breakfast – Chocolate protein shake with spinach, peanut butter, whole milk, and coffee (Ethan really liked his, too); coffee with milk
- Lunch – Zucchini bread with hummus, carrots
- Dinner – Steak, baked sweet potatoes, and okra
- After dinner date – wine and sliced cheese with triscuit-type crackers
- Breakfast – Protein shake with peanut butter, spinach, milk, and coffee
- Lunch – Mexican omelette with potatoes (out to eat/salsa prob. had sugar in it)
- Dinner – wine and cheese, zucchini bread with olives, hummus with carrots and celery
- Brunch – Grilled shrimp, zucchini, squash, and onion; grits, turkey burger sliders on whole wheat tortillas with gouda pesto cheese.
- Dinner – greek salad with a glug of olive oil; potato, sausage, and spinach italian soup; calamari and bread (prob. had sugar in it – out to eat)
My goal for this next week is to keep increasing my amount of produce, especially in the snack area. I also haven’t been trying as many new recipes because of time crunches and a lack of planning. This week, while we have an absolutely crazy week because of The Not Wedding bridal show, I’m going to still try and eat well and plan well.
We’re also introducing some fruit back into our diet this week! I am really excited to try a few things with blueberries and raspberries.