If any of you know Tyler, you know he’s a talker. When we’re alone, he allows me to talk a lot more than you’d imagine, and we rarely run out of things to talk about. Our anniversary is today (Happy 3 Years, Lovey!), and we’re headed out for a beach vacation date. While we always have things to discuss, most of the time we focus on schedules and kids and often forget to talk about our marriage, which is one of the essentials elements in sticking it out as a team. I got these questions last year from my friend, Faith, to enable “us-focused” conversation on our anniversary date. We didn’t use them last year (I didn’t have cell service in the restaurant and didn’t want to stay stuck to my phone), but I thought I’d bust them out tonight. I’m carrying them with me the old school way, written on a piece of notebook paper.
- What’s your favorite of us memory from this past year?
- What do you look forward to the most in the next year?
- What do you consider your greatest accomplishment of this past year?
- What do you consider our greatest accomplishment of this past year?
- What is one personal goal you have for your life in the next year that I can help you accomplish?
- What is one family goal you think we should have for the next year?
- What is one thing I did that showed I loved and respected you this past year?
- How can I show you I love and respect you more this year?
- What is the best thing about our marriage?
These would also be great questions to use for a birthday dinner or date night.